Marina and Boatyard
With capacity for 271 vessels, the Derwent Sailing Squadron’s state-of-the-art marina is the largest and most technically advanced in Tasmania. With both fixed pile and floating berths, we cater for small yachts through to 30m super yachts, as well as powerboats and multihulls. A map of our marina is available here.
The Derwent Sailing Squadron is located in the picturesque suburb of Sandy Bay, next to Wrest Point Casino, and just 20 minutes walk from Hobart’s pre-eminent restaurant and cafe precinct, Salamanca.
- Permanent – we offer a range of multi-year lease options. To enquire about a permanent lease, please complete this enquiry form and we will be in touch shortly.
Our extensive range of boatyard facilities and services include:
- Haulout facility
- Slipyard for boat maintenance
- Hardstand for one-design yachts
- Dual lane trailer boat launching ramps
- Two floating pontoons
- Two jetties
- Trailer boat parking
- Dinghy storage sheds
- Davits and hard area for tender storage
- Crane for mast and engine removal and replacement
- Fixed pile wave-screen breakwater
Photo credit (large image): Ed Thompson