MAST Motor Boat Licence Course
In Tasmanian, a motor boat licence is required to operate a vessel 4hp or more. You can obtain this by completing at MAST Motor Boat (BoatSafe Practical) Course at the Squadron. This course will teach safe boating procedures, combining practical exercises with theory instruction with successful candidates issued a MAST Recreational Motor Boat Licence.
With the weather still warmer now is the time to get qualified and get boating!
This one-day session is delivered by SailTrain instructors accredited (MSTTV011) with Marine and Safety Tasmania.
* Squadron members receive a discount.
* Provisional licence available for 12 to 17 year olds
Upcoming course dates can be found ~ HERE ~ or email Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a private course
Information from the MAST website
- The motor boat licence is valid for a three year period (pro rata). Licences all have a common expiry date. It is not a requirement to carry your licence when on the water in Tasmania but MAST by-laws stipulate that, if requested, the licence must be produced within 14 days.
- Plastic licence cards are no longer automatically issued. A plastic card can be obtained by emailing email@example.com at a cost of $7.90.
- MAST has been advised by a number of hire companies both overseas and in Australia that producing a plastic licence card is not necessary when hiring a vessel.
- A motor boat licence is for recreational boating only. You will need a Certificate of Competency to operate a vessel commercially.
- It is recommended you obtain and study the MAST Safe Boating Handbook prior to undertaking the licence test. The handbook is available to download HERE.