Trainer: Oliver Burnell
- MAST Motor Boat
- Australian Sailing Senior Dinghy Instructor
- Australian Sailing Dinghy Instructor
- Australian Sailing Racing Instructor
- MAST Motorboat Licence
- Australian Sailing Powerboat Handling Certificate
- Australian Sailing Sea Safety and Survival Certificate
- Marine Radio Operator’s Certificate of Proficiency (MROCP)
- Australian Sailing Club Race Officer
- Australian Sailing National Umpire
Oliver grew up sailing Dinghy’s out of Sandy Bay Sailing Club and Keelboats with his father and grandfather out of the Derwent Sailing Squadron. Oliver’s family has a long history with the SBSC and DSS clubs with his Grandfather Rod being given life membership of both clubs, with Grandmother Helen and Father Paul being life members of Sandy Bay Sailing Club. Through Oliver’s youth years he represented Australia in Int. Cadets and sailed SB20s out of the DSS.
In recent years, due to university study, Oliver has done more coaching and instructing than sailing himself but still manages to race on DSS keelboat Philosopher and SB20 Honey Badger competitively.
Oliver works for the national governing body, Australian Sailing, on a casual basis, and has vast experience of boating, particularly on the Derwent River.
Oliver joined the DSS SailTrain team in 2018, but has worked in the clubs bar for over three years, so is a very familiar face around the club.